Babylonian sun god amulet in 925 silver.
A round pendant with the symbol of the Babylonian or Sumerian sun god. Šamaš (Shamash) or Utu was considered the all-seeing judge of justice. Its symbol shows the sun disc with four rays and four waves.
The round pendant is designed slightly plastic. In the background, the motif is somewhat "antique" oxidized and decorated with a fine dot pattern. The star itself, like the frame of the amulet, appears shiny polished.
Pretty clean design. The "antique finish" makes the mythological necklace look a bit like a lucky coin. ☀️ We can deliver it on request SonnenSunshine The sun symbol is of great importance throughout the world, Continue reading...talisman with a black waxed leather cord. The pendant is suitable for both men and women.
info: Among the Babylonians”shamash“, with the Sumerians “Utu” – the sun god, god of justice and divination. Nothing could escape his all-seeing light. He was the son of the moon (Nanna Sin) and fathered several children himself, including gods of dreams. While the Shamash appeared very gentle in the Babylonian period, it also took on a warlike character in the Assyrian period. In Greco-Roman times, Samas was greatly worshiped in the well-known Syrian oasis city of Palmyra.
Every day he climbed up into the sky from the mountain "Maschu" and shone his light into the darkest corners and secrets to bring people back to the right path again and again. - A pretty talisman with a beautiful message!
- Mythical silver jewelry brand EUDORA ♥ Loving designs, always comes in good quality.
- Sun amulet made of 100% sterling silver (925), nickel free, lead free, cadmium free, hypoallergenic.
- Highly polished and oxidized (“vintage silver”).
- Dimensions approx. 21 x 30mm (height with suspension).
- Weight approx 3,48g.
- With a necklace on request. Black wax leather strap, approx. 60cm.
- Delivery with jewelry box. Perfect for giving away!